In Archiflow both models are interchangeable with each other to achieve the so-called “mixed workflow,” in which the procedural flows governed by the workflow engine can be interrupted to go to the collaborative mode.
The core processes of a company always need documents for their implementation: the receipt of a document (e.g. an invoice payable), the approval of an order or a purchase request, a complaint received by e-mail, are examples of processes that have the document as their central element.
Archiflow document processes
Archiflow can manage the processes, the document and data flows, and support users in carrying out their work, thanks to a powerful workflow engine, and to its maximum flexibility. Archiflow lets you activate a “mixed” management of document flows, in which the control offered by the workflow engine can be integrated with a collaborative management (e.g. anomalies, exceptions).
Archiflow workflow engine
- Graphic Designer for the rapid implementation of processes
- Support of BPMN notation for representing and loading processes
- Possibility to associate with each Document Type a specific workflow, which is automatically triggered on inserting a card of that type
- Possibility to define different processes for the same Document Type; the choice of which process/procedure to start can be conditioned by the value of the profiling metadata, or chosen by the User
- Availability of a set of pre-configured automatic activities for the execution of the most frequently performed operations in a business process (reading e-mail, documents compilation, database access).
- Routing elements and conditioned choices to define different “paths” within each process
- Identification of the Roles that are responsible for carrying out an activity
- Definition of process owners and managers of the individual flow